The Marseille Spray Foam Re-Roof, Koreatown
Client: The LENNOX MARSEILLES APARTMENTS
Address: 249 South La Fayette Park Place, S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, CA 90057
Project: New re-roof spray foam covering the entire existing roofing system. No demolition of existing roofing. No disruption to tenants. Spray foam is seamless and uses environmentally safe materials and offers superior R-Rated Energy Efficiency, soundproofing, and water-tight roofing. 20-Year Warranty Labor & Materials.
Sprayed Polyurethane Foam (SPF) re-roofing system on an older roof, foam is ideal for this irregular roof shape which would be too difficult and impractical for old fashioned low-tech roofing materials. Lower cost SPF roof material saved the owner money vs. traditional roofing.
- Seamless: Polyurethane foam is applied as a liquid, creating a single monolithic membrane that covers the entire roof. There are no seams or joints, the source of the majority of leaks in traditional roofs.
- Flexible: The foam can be sprayed onto virtually any surface, irregularly shaped roofs and protrusions are easily taken care of.
- Lightweight: Foam roofing typically weighs around 50 lbs. per square, versus 800 lbs. for a built-up roof and 100 lbs. for ballasted single-ply roofs.
- Thermal Insulation Cost Savings: SPF has the best insulating properties available for commercial construction and provides up to 85% energy savings in A/C and heating costs.
- Waterproofing: Sprayed Polyurethane Foam is perfect for many different waterproofing applications. Foam roofs do not have seams to split or pull apart so water is not allowed to enter. Because it is composed of billions of closed cells, the foam acts as an air barrier, preventing moisture infiltration into the building.
- Sustainability: Foamed roofs require a minimum of upkeep, creating little waste and no dumping of environmentally unsafe old roofing materials into landfills, and have an indefinite lifespan.